The Doing Research program represents an innovative opportunity to learn about and act on the status and future of social sciences in developing countries. GDN leads the aggregation, benchmarking and comparative analysis of knowledge that emerges from the program, supporting implementing partners to use the findings to strengthen research systems on the ground. Assessments are completed by applying a Doing Research Assessment tool, i.e., a method for systematically analyzing the strengths, weaknesses, challenges, and bottlenecks that affect quality and policy-relevant social science research.
Dissemination of Results
- A webinar on 27 May 2020, titled 'Boosting social science research in Myanmar' was attended by over 80 key stakeholders. Webinar Recording| Live Q &A
- A podcast by Asia Research News about the state of doing research in Myanmar, based on this webinar
- Download Myanmar Doing Research Assessment Summary and Conclusions | Full Report
- A webinar on 14 July 2020, on 'Bridging the research gap and improving development policies in Indonesia'
- Watch webinar recording | See presentation | Read a transcript of Live Q&A from the webinar
- Download Indonesia Doing Research Assessment Summary and Conclusions | Full Report
- A webinar on 8 Sept 2020, on 'Bridging the research gap and improving development policies'
- Watch webinar recording | See opening remarks from the Minister of State | Live Q&A | Webinar presentation
- Download the Full Report. See executive summary and conclusions