The GDN Global Development Conference hosts high-level, inclusive, evidence-based debates on current development challenges and priorities, with a majority of participation from low and middle income countries (LMICs). It provides promising researchers from these countries an opportunity to disseminate their work, share their ideas, interact with world-renowned academics and policymakers and network globally, thus contributing to strengthening their capacity and professional visibility. On the other hand, it offers new, Southern perspectives on sustainable development issues mostly debated in developed countries and reinforces cooperation and development effectiveness. The conference is held in a different country and on a different theme each year.
- The 23rd Global Development Conference to be held in 2023 is on the theme 'Biodiversity and Sustainable Development'. The conference is set to take place in Quito, Ecuador on October 31 - November 1, 2023, in collaboration with Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ) and Future Earth.
- GDN's 22nd Global Development Conference on 'Tax Policy for Sustainable Development' was held in Clermont-Ferrand, France from November 2-4, 2022.
- GDN's 21st Global Development Conference, was held in partnership with The Campbell Collaboration: 'Evidence for Development: What Works Global Summit 2021, from October 18-27, 2021.
- GDN's 20th Global Develpoment Conference: The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Global Development Network (GDN) are co-hosting an online conference, 'Assessing the Development Impacts of Private Sector Impact Investments' from December 2-4, 2020.
- GDN's 19th Global Development Conference, was held on October 23-25, 2019 in Bonn, Germany, on 'Knowledge for Sustainable Development: The Research-Policy Nexus.' It targeted 400 participants, drawn from a diverse group of researchers, policymakers, representatives of international organizations, civil society, development practitioners and the private sector.
- GDN held its 18th Annual Global Development Conference in New Delhi on March 22-23, 2018, on the theme 'Science, Technology and Innovation for Development.'
- See previous conferences here.