Current GDN programs
- AFD-GDN Biodiversity & Development Awards. An awards program, funded by Agence Française de Développement (AFD) in 2020, for a period of three years, to create high-quality, multidisciplinary knowledge on the link between biodiversity and development. Contact email@example.com | Read program fact sheet.
- AFD-GDN Video Contest, 'Southern voices on global transitions.' An online video contest, on key development transitions taking place across the globe. The videos will tell the story of these transitions through the eyes of young researchers working in the Global South. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doing Research - Assessing the Environment for Social Science Research in Developing Countries. A program for assessing and benchmarking social science research systems, now being implemented in Bolivia, Indonesia, Nigeria and Myanmar. GDN is seeking to scale up this intervention to 50 countries. Contact email@example.com | Read program fact sheet.
- EIB-GDN Program in Applied Development Finance. A program funded by the European Investment Bank until March 2021. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details | Read program fact sheet.
- Global Dev. A blog focused on global development research and expert opinion on a variety of topics to inform policymakers about the latest trends and analysis emerging from research in developing and transition countries around the world.
- Global Development Awards Competition. An annual competition funded by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan through the Policy & Human Resources Development Fund and the Japan Social Development Fund of the World Bank. The competition is for outstanding development research and innovative development programs.
- Global Development Conferences. Yearly events, bringing together a variety of stakeholders drawn from a diverse group of researchers, evaluators, policymakers, representatives of international organizations, civil society, development practitioners and the private sector. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Global Development Conference 2021: 'Evidence for Development: What Works Global Summit 2021.' For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building Research Capacity in Least Developed Countries. A program funded by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC). The pilot ended in March 2017 and GDN is seeking to scale up this intervention.
- Development Aid Effectiveness in Africa. A program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) until May 2018 to promote African research on key development issues.
- Quality & Productivity Improvement in the Private and Public Sector: Roles and Lessons from Kaizen Approaches. A program funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency - Research Institute (JICA-RI). See book.
- Natural Resource Management - Natural Wealth Accounting. A program funded by Agence Française de Développement (AFD), French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development (MAEDI). After a successful pilot, GDN is seeking to scale up funding for this line of work.
- Mobilizing Local Knowledge to Improve Competitiveness Strategies. A project funded by the World Bank focused on the role of manufacturing in economic transformation.
- Strengthening the Research Capacity of Small Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean to Promote Better Informed Policymaking. This program is supported by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).