A list of opportunities that may interest young researchers around the world:
- The PEP conference, 'Power in Proximity: For greater participation of local researchers in development policy debates,' will begin on 4 Jun
- AERC's call for expressions of interest to development framework papers on value chain development, trade and economic transformation in Africa closes on 11 June
- A webinar on 'Platform work in the Global North and the Global South: same problems, same solutions?' will be held on Monday 14 June
- Call for Papers on 'Navigating the future with and after Covid-19: The role of social sciences in Asia' to be held on 19-21 October 2021 closes on 30 June
- The call for papers by the French Presidency of the Bureau of the Intergovernmental Council (IGC) of UNESCO's MOST program's symposium on 'Social Sciences and the COVID-19 Pandemic: State of Knowledge and Proposals for Action' closes on 15 July
- The IEA Online World Congress on 'Equity, Sustainability and Prosperity in a Fractured World' will take place on 2-6 July
- AuthorAID offers online courses in research writing and proposal writing, which are free-to-enrol for researchers in developing countries: INASP Moodle
- CERDI (https://cerdi.uca.fr/) and the School of Economics of the Université Clermont Auvergne (UCA) invite applications for one tenure-track position starting in September 2021. The position is based in Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- Check out this UNU-Wider webinar addressed by François Bourguignon, Chair GDN Board of Directors, on COVID-19 and inequality
- These OECD resources on theeffect of COVID-19 on the gender gap may also be of interest, as may be this lecture by Sir Peter Gluckman at the Austrian Science Academy about building a just society after COVID-19
- REGE has announced special issue on Sustainability Transitions in the Global South, considering post-COVID-19 context and challenges, and will accept articles on a variety of related topics.
- The Social Science Research Council has a number of open fellowships and opportunities
- Social science jobs can be pursued here.
- The Organization for Women in Science for the Developing world (OWSD) provides PhD and Early Career fellowships for women scientists from selected Science and Technology-Lagging Countries (STLCs) to pursue research in the natural, engineering and information technology sciences. Follow for future calls
- The UNU-Wider Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme is postponed due to the Covid crises. Follow details.
- The second SANEM international development conference will be held on post-Covid recovery contexts and priorities from June 17-19
- United Edge is offering a course in The Justice Based Approach, which can help turn oppressive systems into liberating ones. View justice toolkit, or book online
- The Global Economy and Development Program at Brookings has recently launched a new project on the future of multilateralism, which seeks fundamental agreement on some basic principles to govern international cooperation in the coming decades.Take their survey
Please write to email@example.com with any opportunities you would like to see on this page.