Current GDN programs
- AFD-GDN Biodiversity and Development Awards - An awards program, funded by Agence Française de Développement (AFD) in 2020, for a period of three years, to create high-quality, multidisciplinary knowledge on the link between biodiversity and development. Contact Pablo Varela for details | Read program fact sheet.
- Doing Research - Assessing the Environment for Social Science Research in Developing Countries - A program for assessing and benchmarking social science research systems, now being implemented in Bolivia, Indonesia, Nigeria and Myanmar. GDN is seeking to scale up this intervention to 50 countries. Contact Daniel Fussy for details | Read program fact sheet.
- Fiscal Policy and Development - The program is currently implementing fiscal analytical tools in Angola, Ghana, Guatemala, and Namibia with the support and collobarion of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD). Contact Francesco Obino for details.
- Institutional Research Capacity Building
- Public Development Banks and the Sustainable Development Goals - A program that builds upon the Finance in Common initiative launched in 2020 to discuss how Public Development Banks can best step in to align Global Development Finance with the Sustainable Development Goals. Contact Francesco Obino for details.
- Savoirs Sahel - A program implemented by the Global Development Network (GDN) and funded by the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) to strenghten think tanks in the Sahel region. Contact Wendyam Aristide Sawadogo for details.
- Strengthening Research Capacities in Francophone Africa - A program implemented by the Global Development Network (GDN) and funded by the Agence Française de Développement (AFD). Contact Idah Razafindrakoto for details.
Annual GDN programs
- Global Development Awards Competition - An annual competition funded by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan through the Policy and Human Resources Development Fund and the Japan Social Development Fund of the World Bank. The competition is for outstanding development research and innovative development programs. Contact João Costa for details.
- Global Development Conferences - Yearly events, bringing together a variety of stakeholders drawn from a diverse group of researchers, evaluators, policymakers, representatives of international organizations, civil society, development practitioners and the private sector. Contact João Costa for details.
- EIB-GDN Program in Applied Development Finance - A program funded by the European Investment Bank until March 2021. Contact Ramona Angelescu Naqvi for details | Read program fact sheet.
- AFD-GDN Video Contest - Titled 'Southern voices on global transitions,' this was an online video contest on key development transitions taking place across the globe. The videos told the story of these transitions through the eyes of young researchers working in the Global South. Contact Francesco Obino
For more information, contact the Head of Programs, Francesco Obino.