Current GDN programs
- AFD-GDN Biodiversity and Development Awards - An awards program, funded by Agence Française de Développement (AFD) in 2020, for a period of three years, to create high-quality, multidisciplinary knowledge on the link between biodiversity and development. Contact Pablo Varela | Read program fact sheet.
- Doing Research - Assessing the Environment for Social Science Research in Developing Countries - A program for assessing and benchmarking social science research systems, now being implemented in Bolivia, Indonesia, Nigeria and Myanmar. GDN is seeking to scale up this intervention to 50 countries. Contact Francesco Obino | Read program fact sheet.
- Fiscal Policy and Development - The program is currently implementing fiscal analytical tools in Angola, Ghana, Guatemala, and Namibia with the support and collobarion of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD). Contact Jon Jellema
- Savoirs Sahel - A program implemented by the Global Development Network (GDN) and funded by the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) to strenghten think tanks in the Sahel region.
- Strenghtening Research Capacities in Francophone Africa - A program implemented by the Global Development Network (GDN) and funded by the Agence Française de Développement (AFD).
- Public Development Banks and the Sustainable Development Goals - A program that builds upon the Finance in Common initiative launched in 2020 to discuss how Public Development Banks can best step in to align Global Development Finance with the Sustainable Development Goals. Contact email@example.com
Annual GDN programs
- Global Development Awards Competition - An annual competition funded by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan through the Policy and Human Resources Development Fund and the Japan Social Development Fund of the World Bank. The competition is for outstanding development research and innovative development programs. Contact João Costa for details.
- Global Development Conferences - Yearly events, bringing together a variety of stakeholders drawn from a diverse group of researchers, evaluators, policymakers, representatives of international organizations, civil society, development practitioners and the private sector. Contact Ramona Angelescu Naqvi for details.
- EIB-GDN Program in Applied Development Finance - A program funded by the European Investment Bank until March 2021. Contact Ramona Angelescu Naqvi for details | Read program fact sheet.
- AFD-GDN Video Contest - Titled 'Southern voices on global transitions,' this was an online video contest on key development transitions taking place across the globe. The videos told the story of these transitions through the eyes of young researchers working in the Global South. Contact Francesco Obino
- Global Development Conference 2021: 'Evidence for Development: What Works Global Summit 2021.' Contact Ramona Angelescu Naqvi
- Building Research Capacity in Least Developed Countries - A program funded by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC). The pilot ended in March 2017 and GDN is seeking to scale up this intervention.
- Development Aid Effectiveness in Africa - A program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) until May 2018 to promote African research on key development issues.
- Quality & Productivity Improvement in the Private and Public Sector: Roles and Lessons from Kaizen Approaches - A program funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency - Research Institute (JICA-RI). See book.
- Natural Resource Management - Natural Wealth Accounting - A program funded by Agence Française de Développement (AFD), French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development (MAEDI). After a successful pilot, GDN is seeking to scale up funding for this line of work.
- Mobilizing Local Knowledge to Improve Competitiveness Strategies - A project funded by the World Bank focused on the role of manufacturing in economic transformation.
- Strengthening the Research Capacity of Small Countries in Latin America and the Caribbean to Promote Better Informed Policymaking - This program is supported by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
For more information, contact the Head of Programs, Francesco Obino.