- Global Development Awards Competition 2023 The 2023 edition of the Global Development Awards Competition featured two categories with the theme “Nexus of Education, Development and Human Security”: The Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (ORD) targets researchers from low-income or middle-income countries to submit research proposals (Learn more) and the Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project (MIDP) invites non-profit NGOs and CSOs from low and lower-middle-income countries to submit project applications (Learn more). GDN is also looking for Reviewers for both categories which are available under each respective category.
- Global Development Awards Competition 2022 - The 2022 edition of the Global Development Awards Competition was themed “Post-COVID-19 Governance - Learning from challenging circumstances to build better governance systems” for both the ORD (Learn more) and MIDP (Learn more) categories. Winners were declared in April 2023.
- Global Development Awards Competition 2021 - The 2021 edition of the Global Development Awards Competition focused on the theme 'International trade and the promotion of biodiversity' (Learn more) for the ORD category. The MIDP category had three themes: 'Universal health coverage and COVID,' 'Community-driven Climate-related Disaster Risk Reduction in Rural Areas' and 'Quality urban infrastructure and community driven governance.' (Learn more). Winners were declared in October 2021 (See also finalists).
- Global Development Awards Competition 2020 - The 2020 edition only ran the ORD category under the theme, "Unpacking the health-environment-economic wellbeing nexus'. In light of the current limitations to travel in place across the planet, the selection was conducted online. For more information please visit this page.
- Global Development Awards Competition 2019 - The 2019 edition only ran the ORD category and was concluded at the GDN conference in Bonn, Germany in October 2019 on the theme, 'Doing research in developing countries: the role of non-academic actors, new communication platforms and leadership in social sciences'. Learn more.
Note: There was no Global Development Awards Competition in 2018.
- Global Development Awards Competition 2017 - Proposals under both awards categories addressed the theme, ‘Skill Development and Employment Generation’, in the areas of agriculture, manufacturing and digital technology. Winners were chosen by an eminent jury at GDN’s conference, held in New Delhi, India, in March 2018. Finalists from both award categories were invited to present their proposals at the conference. Learn more.
- Global Development Awards Competition 2016 - This edition was concluded in Lima, Peru on the 17-18 March, 2016, on the theme of 'Education for Development: Quality & Inclusion for Changing Global Human Capital Needs.' Learn more.
- Global Development Awards Competition 2015 - The MIDP category collected proposals from all development projects being implemented in low-income countries and lower-middle-income countries. The ORD category had four subthemes 1) Food security and nutrition 2) Environmental challenges and natural resources management; 3) Economic, social and political transformations: effect and impact of agricultural development process; 4) Financial and technological innovation: which new tools for the next ‘Green Revolution'. Winners were selected at the 16th Annual Global Development Conference which took place in Morocco from 11-13 June 2015. Watch what the winners of the awards in 2015 had to say MIDP 2015 Winner | ORD 2015 Winner
Queries may be sent to email@example.com.
If you have a grievance regarding the implementation of this project or towards its future impacts, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or check www.gdn.int/awards/grievance for further instructions